当前位置:首页 >> 新视角 >>一个老外越来越像中国人的50个细节

一个老外越来越像中国人的50个细节

时间:2016-03-07 10:34来源: 中国日报网 作者: 中国日报网
以为练习使用筷子,努力学习普通话就是在中国生活的全部?那你可就错了。在马特·普里查德看来,中国生活会给你带来许多改变——其实,我们只要生活在国外就一定会发生变化。

  It's more than just perfecting your chopsticks technique or struggling to learn Mandarin. Living in China - indeed, living anywhere abroad - changes you, as Matt Prichard reports.

  以为练习使用筷子,努力学习普通话就是在中国生活的全部?那你可就错了。在马特·普里查德看来,中国生活会给你带来许多改变——其实,我们只要生活在国外就一定会发生变化。

  I have now lived in China longer than it took to get my bachelor's degree. While no one is going to confuse me with any of my Chinese colleagues or friends, the experience has definitely made a difference in my daily routine and how I see the world. In my estimation, it has been a positive change.

  我在中国呆的时间比在大学呆的时间还长。当我和中国同事、朋友在一起的时候,外人总能一眼认出我是外国人,但在中国生活的这么些年确实影响了我的日常生活乃至世界观。而且在我看来,这些都是积极影响。

  Some ingrained laowai (foreigner) habits are hard to break: I still sometimes forget to ask if I should take off my shoes when visiting another person's home. Yet, it was a revelation to make a list of 50 ways I have become more Chinese, and in particular, more of a Beijinger, in ways big and small:

  有一些根深蒂固的“老外”习惯仍然难以改正:比如去拜访别人家时,有时我还是忘了问需不需要换鞋子。但当我列出了自己越来越像中国人,尤其是像北京人的大大小小五十个行为方式后,连自己都觉得出乎意料。

  

一个老外越来越像中国人的50个细节

 

  从饮用热水到不再见人就拥抱,我在下面五十个细节上越来越像中国人:

  1. While mystified the first time I was served a glass of hot water, I now like it, especially in winter.

  第一次接到一杯热水时我困惑不解,而如今我却爱上了热水,尤其在冬天。

  2. I have an English name and a distinct Chinese name (Ma Wen Tao) that's not just a phonetic version of the former.

  我有一个英文名和一个发音完全不同的中文名(马文涛),中文名不是英文名的音译。

  3. I know the Chinese zodiac sign I was born under (rooster).

  我知道自己的生肖是鸡。

  Also, I:

  此外,我还:

  4. Don't hug acquaintances anymore.

  不再见人就拥抱。

  5. Smile automatically when I see a small child, and may ask a baby's age or name.

  看到小孩就情不自禁地微笑,可能还会问宝宝多大了,叫什么名字。

  6. Have a new favorite breakfast food: jian bing, Shandong style, a crunchy, eggy, spicy crepe of goodness.

  早餐有了新的最爱:山东煎饼,一种加蛋的香辣脆饼,好吃到爆。

  7. Go to Wumart more than Wal-Mart, and love the lively atmosphere.

  去物美超市比去沃尔玛去得更勤,喜欢那里的生气勃勃。

  8. Have a son who speaks good Chinese - my youngest studied Mandarin in college, including a summer in Chengdu.

  有个中文说得很溜的儿子——我最小的孩子在大学里学过普通话,还在成都待过一夏天。

  9. Have a new favorite snack: chuanr, or as my wife calls it, meat-on-a-stick.

  零食也有了新的最爱:烤串儿,或者用我妻子的话来说,串烧肉。

  10. Seldom worry about personal safety, even walking in big cities at night.

  不怎么担心个人安全了,晚上也敢在大城市里行动了。

  11. Keep a large metal carafe on my desk for hot water for the day's tea.

  桌上准备了一个不锈钢水壶,用来放白天泡茶的热水。

  12. Have friendly relationship with Jing Dong delivery guy.

  和京东快递小哥的关系挺不错的。

  13. Have a Chinese keyboard on my phone.

  手机上设置了中文输入法。

  14. Will eat jellyfish - reminds me of cole slaw.

  开始吃海蜇,味道像菜丝沙拉。

  15. No longer have coffee on balcony - that's where I hang wet clothes.

  再也不在阳台上喝咖啡了——那可是我晾衣服的地方。

  16. Politely cover my mouth with one hand while using a toothpick.

  用牙签时会礼貌地用手挡住嘴巴。

  17. Grocery shop using my bicycle.

  骑自行车去买菜。

  18. Have to remember to tip when I'm traveling abroad.

  出国旅行时必须提醒自己要给小费。

  19. Wonder why public spaces there look so empty.

  看到空荡荡的公共场所会很奇怪。

  20. Pack a jar with a hot beverage from home for the office.

  出门上班时会装上一罐热饮。

  21. Consider vendors' prices only a reference point for haggling.

  知道商家的标价只是为砍价做参考而已。

  22. Use the China UnionPay card: I never leave home without it.

  用中国银联卡:出门必将随身携带。

  23. Love tearjerker Chinese history dramas on TV.

  酷爱电视上催泪的中国古装剧。

  24. Am amazed by Western actors who speak really good Mandarin. (编辑:红云)

顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
------分隔线----------------------------
发表评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
验证码: 点击我更换图片
最新评论